Salem Village Show - Saturday 24 August at 3pm @ The Hall
By richwpalmer, Aug 2 2019 04:14PM
This year the annula village show takes place on Saturday 24 August at the Hall. Along with the usual horticultural show and dog show, we hope to see a number of stalls and fun activities for all the family. The Angel will be providing a bar, so come along and enjoy the fun!
The schedule for this years show is as follows:
Dan / 8 and under
1. Hand / foot printing – ‘An Animal’ (max. size A4)
2. Best coloured pre-printed picture e.g. from a colouring book (max. size A4)
3. 3 decorated biscuit (biscuits may be bought)
Oedran / Age 9-12
4. Cookery – ‘An edible clock face
5. Best handwriting – ‘Gweddi’r Arglwydd / Lord’s Prayer’ - any language
6. Painting or drawing – A4 – Farm animal
7. Animal out of Lego (max. size 30cm)
Oedran / Age 13-16
8. Cookery - 4 Brownies – any variety
9. Single Photograph: ‘Reflections’
10. A mobile phone cover – any medium
Agored / Open
11. Bara Brith
12. 3 Egg Sponge: Any Flavour, undecorated.
14. Plate of Fruit Tart
15. Citrus Drizzle Cake
16. 4 Scones
17. Cake made using a vegetable ingredient.
18. Fruit Crumble
19. 4 Sausage Rolls
20. 4 Welsh Cakes (Men only)
21. 4 Cupcakes
22. Non-alcoholic Soft Drink
23. ½ Doz. Eggs
24. Pot of Homemade Jam
25. Pot of Homemade Jelly
26. Pot of Homemade Chutney
27. Amusing postcard
28. Three Photographs: Coastal scenes
29. Single Photograph: Black and White Wedding Photo.
30. Knitted item.
31. Trinket box (Max size 60mm x 60mm)
Cynnyrch Gardd / Garden produce
32. 3 Potatoes
33. 3 Beetroot
34. 3 Onions (over 8oz)
35. 3 Onions (8oz or less)
36. 3 Tomatoes
37. 3 Carrots
38. 3 Cherry Tomatoes
39. 1 Cucumber
40. 4 Runner Beans
41. 4 Pods of Peas
42. 3 Sticks of Rhubarb
43. Funniest Shape Vegetable
44. 2 Peppers
45. 2 Leeks
46. 2 Courgettes
47. Any vegetable not otherwise listed on schedule
48. An indoor pot plant in bloom
49. Best Potted Plant in Bloom
50. An arrangement in an unusual container (max. space allowed 30cm x 30cm)
51. A Vase of Mixed Flowering Stems (to contain a total of between 5 and 10 stems, taken from a minimum of three different kinds of plants.)
52. Single stem of any cut flower
53. Pot Plant - (Foliage)
54. A vase of Sweet Peas – 6 stems
55. Longest Thistle.
All items to be at the hall by 12.00 noon ready for judging. Entry fee 25p per item. If you would like to sponsor a category please contact Peter or Eryl on 01558 823075.
Dog Show at 4:00pm
This site exists to keep residents informed about what is happening within our community.
Although our village is small, it has a great deal going for it in the way of leisure activities. There are clubs and groups of all sorts, catering for the active and the not-so-active!
So, keep coming back every now and again to see what's what in Salem.
About our website...
The village hall was re-built in 2005. It now provides a great community resource which is used by any number of groups each week.
The hall is suitable for a range of activities - from meetings and events to family functions and parties. The hall is available for hire, with hourly and daily rates. For more information or to make a booking, please contact:
Our village hall...
Site designed by Richard Palmer on behalf of the Salem Residents' Association